Sunday, August 22, 2010

Give my Love to Rose - DAY 11

Johnny Cash is ringing in my ears as I type out this post for Day 11 of my pledge to "Stop Buying More Shit!", so I've dedicated this post to the Man in Black.  
And I think this blue satin number is just the thing for listening to Cash as I think it has been around the block once or twice, possibly at some of his wilder gigs.
Not likely, as it was found in a dingy Brisbane thrift store, but it has certainly had a wild life at some point - it was once an evening dress but it's been hacked to mini length with a dubious hem and has oodles of cigarette burns.
I love it though.  
As I'm sure the previous owner did.
I'm wearing it here with a 1990s mesh bodysuit, 1950s purple headpiece and platforms.
Oh and I cut my hair while sitting in bed last night - yeah I'm broke, but at least I only have to put up with my own mindless chit-chat;).









4 comments:

  1. I've got to say that I love that hairpiece...I am a total sucker when it comes to hair stuff! It's just too much fun. Wonderful blog :)

    -Jenna
    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress, I do love vintage, and I think your whole outfit looks great and does honor to J. Cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog and I follow you now via google.
    It would make me very happy if oyu would follow me, too.

    LOVE
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'm pondering what a person could do to salvage the dress around the cigarette burns.

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...